Re: new auto-version value

This new auto-version value only makes sense if the "checkin"
operation is used to promote a change in the workflow.  This is
probably non-optimal, since it doesn't let a client save an
intermediate state of the resource in the version history
(i.e. before it is ready to publish).  In addition, a step
in the workflow often requires changing multiple resources,
so you can't really infer from one being checked-in that the
task is complete.  So I would be against encouraging this
model in the standard (and therefore would not
be in favor of standardizing on this new value).

WRT Lisa's question, he doesn't want the user to have to go to
the external state-manipulation tool to start a modification,
but he does expect the user to have to go to the external
state-manipulation tool to say "I'm finished with this task".
I agree that this is reasonable, but I'm against standardizing
on "checkin" to mean "I'm finished with this task".