Re: [ACL] Re: Last minute ACL stuff (was DAV:unauthenticated usage)

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> I agree that it makes sense to remove the "protected" qualifier.
> Julian: Can you take care of this?
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff

We're talking about ...
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-acl-latest.html#PROPERTY_inherited-acl-set>
and Eric's request on the ACL mailing list
(<http://mailman.webdav.org/pipermail/acl/2004-April/001815.html>).

I agree that servers should be allowed not to protect that property. I'm
not so sure about the best wording, how about saying...:

To stay consistent with other property descriptions, I'd prefer to
remove the word "protected" but also to add...:

"Servers MAY implement DAV:inherited-acl-set as protected property."

I'll make that change for now; if people feel we shouldn't make that
change they need to speak up *now*, as we are currently doing the last
edits on the *RFC* document which then will be published Really Soon.

Regards, Julian