Re: Remaining issues with the bind draft -- process

At 11:20 PM +0200 04/05/2004, Julian Reschke wrote:
>Stefan Eissing wrote:

>>So, it is inaccurate and definitely not helping anyone with any
>>implementation issue to
>>request cleanup of LOCKs from the authors of the bind spec. I
>>personally am waiting
>>for 2 years now that RFC 2518bis makes progress comparable to other
>>specs of this
>>group.
>
>Another way to look at this is that WebDAV LOCKING needs
>clarifications, but it needs them independantly of the BIND spec. It
>would be funny if we'd point people to the BIND spec if they have
>locking questions, yet do not plan to implement the BIND spec at all.

Speaking personally, my concern here would be that if those
clarifications were not
present, BIND behavior became non-deterministic.  If 2518bis was done, and
BIND pointed to it to solve that hypothetical problem, all might be
goodness; if
it will not be done, on the other hand, getting the job done in the spec which
will be completed might be the practical way to go.

Again, my personal two cents,
			regards,
				Ted