RE: OPTIONS * (Was: RE: Comments on draft-dusseault-http-patch-00)

Larry wrote on 11/24/2003 07:01:26 PM:

> > 3. ... should WebDAV servers be
> > exempt from showing WebDAV support in OPTIONS *?
>
> Yes, for the reason of the above paragraph "a server's communication
>  options typically depend on the resource".

I think Larry has identified the key point here.  We should not be
using OPTIONS to communicate resource-dependent information.  So if
the support for a method depends on what resource it
is being applied to (which it usually does), then we should not be
marshalling
this information via "OPTIONS *", but rather by applying the query
to the appropriate resource.