Re: Review of draft-ietf-webdav-quota-02.txt

Brian Korver wrote:

> I'm planning to do so in today's meeting, but to restate for the mailing
> list,
> Stefan pointed out that if we used quota-limit, then quota-limit would
> not be
> a fixed value (which is the reason we defined things in terms of
> quota-limit
> to begin with).  Thus, instead of quota-limit, the new draft uses NFS's
> quota-available.  This has the semantics that it isn't fixed.  Problem
> solved.
> Note, quota-available is consistent with the rest of the the quota
> definitions
> we pulled from NFS, so it's conceptually attractive too.
>
> I still don't know what you find confusing, so I can't comment on that yet.

Brian, you may be right -- I'll have to re-review the change.

I'M still not convinced that handling both quota and disk space limits
using the same properties is a good idea, especially as NFS does it
differently.

Minor editorial note: RFC3010 has been obsoleted by a newer revision.