From: Lisa Dusseault [mailto:lisa@xythos.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 2:27 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: RE: 3xx vs RFC2518 vs redirect-ref spec

This proposal clearly has a lot of support.  I too favour a single
client-feature-advertisement header. However, I'd like to caution the
group that we won't be able to demonstrate the interoperability of this
header, and thus we take the risk that this won't be considered a
suitable feature to take to the next standards phase (draft standard).

I see no problem with defining the exact same header in the redirect
spec (or another), with a note that other extensions are encouraged to
use the same header.  Since this community is very good about reusing
this kind of solution, I'm not worried that its location will be a
problem.  It's much like the DeltaV preconditions/postconditions
framework which has already been reused by ACL and others without
needing to modify 2518.

If there's still consensus to add to 2518bis specifically, let me know
(individually is fine) and I'll add it to the document.

Lisa