From: "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>; "Stanley Guan"
<stanley.guan@oracle.com>; <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 1:02 PM
Subject: RE: DAV Schema Assessment (was Re: rfc2518bis DAV DTD ...)

[snip]

If you're telling me that anyone can invent an element and DAV-validly
introduce it as if under the DAV namespace, I will quietly pick up my
marbles and go figure out how to use SOAP (with attachments) and the Web
Services stack on HTTP to do Document Authoring and Versioning on the web.
(Such an expression of some level of DAV functionality is probably valuable
anyway.)

-- Dennis