RE: rfc2518bis DAV DTD (was Re: How to use DTDs, or not ...)

How does that help? If a recipient validates a message based on a
RFC2518bis-based XML Schema, and draft-ietf-webdav-redirect-ref protocol
extends a particular element, these messages will not be valid according to
the Schema *without* modifying the schema. The point of extensibility is
that old components continue to work with extended messages *without*
modification.

> I thought we want to be loose on what can be allowed at element
> level.  Within each element, don't we want all attributes to be
> explicitly spelt out?  Why do we need arbitrary attributes to be
> allowed on any specific DAV: element?

Because that's allowed now.

Regards, Julian