RE: How to use DTDs, or not to (was: RE: ACL and lockdiscovery)

I guess I'd go with (1), with (3) as a backup choice.
In particular, (2) is likely to cause more confusion than clarity.
If you're going to do new things, I think it's better to
select a standard new thing, rather than define a non-standard
extension to a standard.

w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org wrote on 10/08/2003 05:10:28 PM:

> [...]
I've