RE: WebDAV resources must be in collections? (CONSISTENCY)

It's causing confusion right now :-)

Looking at Roy's original complaint...:

"My comment was regarding the requirement that DAV capable resources be
within a DAV collection.  There is no need for that requirement and it
is the root of many terminology issues.  Any individual resource is
capable of being or not being DAVable, as determined by either the
capabilities described by an OPTIONS response or by the error response
received when attempting to do a WebDAV operation on a non-DAV resource.
"Save as..." dialogs are cool, but not necessary, for authoring."

So it's not about the term "consistent namespace", it's about "DAV-capable resource". I don't think that what Roy actually complained about is (section 5):

"All DAV compliant resources MUST support the HTTP URL namespace model specified herein."

This seems to be what needs to go, not the definition of consistency.