RE: multiple "source" properties documents

I see.

That makes sense, but definitively should be explained. As far as I remember, this is the very first time since I'm reading this list (2,5 years) that somebody was actually able to explain why this element is there.

So how do we proceed? Should we try to get it into RFC2518bis (which would require demonstrated interoperability), or should we try to come up with a separate document? Who is prepared to implement the property within the next few months?

  From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Geoffrey M Clemm
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 6:36 PM
  To: 'WebDAV List (E-mail)'
  Subject: RE: multiple "source" properties documents

  I don't think the format needs to be changed, but it certainly
  would need to be more clearly described.  I am continually
  amazed at how such an otherwise sensible group of authors could have
  chosen a node named DAV:tgt to hold the URI of the source,
  and a node named DAV:src to hold the URI of what is usually the
  resource itself.  Didn't they at list flinch or grimace at
  the sentences:

  "The destination of the source link identifies the ... source
   of the link’s source."

  and

  "The source of the link is typically the URI of the resource
   on which the link is defined."

  One could make a good argument that this poor naming choice alone
  merits deprecating the feature :-).

  But back to your actual question, if there are multiple outputs
  of the processing step (i.e. it produces not only the resource
  identified by the request-URI, but several other resources),
  then it is useful to have the DAV:src nodes to indicate what
  those other output resources are.