RE: multiple "source" properties documents

My perspective is a bit different.  The DAV:source property
was designed for exactly the situation that Conal describes.
He'd like a generic application to pop up the list of URL's
and say "these are the sources".  There are no significant
testing issues ... the format of the DAV:source property is
well defined, and all a client is expected to do is to expose
the specified list of URL's.

So in Conal's case, I'd just expose this feature using the
DAV:source property, and you are no worse off that if you
just defined your own custom property, and that if enough
folks do so, the property will become "undeprecated".

Note: I am not arguing against deprecating the DAV:source
feature ... I don't think the topic is significant enough
to merit being re-opened ... I'm just saying that if you are
an implementor and encounter a valid use for the DAV:source
property, you should go ahead and use it instead of inventing
your own custom property, even if it is deprecated in 2518bis.