RE: getlastmodified of collections

Actually, it's not really required at all. A server should provide a
DAV:getlastmodified property for any resource for which it actually would
also provide the last-modified header upon GET. So a collection may have
GETtable content (in which case DAV:getlastmodified should be present), and
then also a server may not even have the last-modified date for a plain
resource (for instance if it's clockless).

> Then, probably the bindings of the collection are to be considered part of
> the collection's state and it would make sense to set DAV:getlastmodified
> whenever the bindings change:

I agree although I have to point out that properties *also* are part of the
state of a collection, and the current consensus seems to be that the
last-modified date should not change when the content doesn't. So this is
non-obvious.

> - BIND, UNBIND (the coll identified by the req-URI)
> - REBIND (the coll identified by the req-URI AND the 2nd involved coll)
> - PUT returning 201 (the containing collection)
> - MKCOL (the containing collection)
> - DELETE (the containing collection)
> - LOCK creating a lock-null resource (the containing collection)
> - VERSION-CONTROL on existing version (the containing workspace)

Yes.

> Sorry for such a basic question, but I didn't find it in the specs.

No, it's good to ask these kinds of questions.