From: Frank Judge [mailto:Frank.Judge@corp.palm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 4:37 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] Partial Property Data Retrieval???

Hi,

I've read over the specifications and want to know if I'm missing something
or if you considered a capability.  For properties in a schema that have
large amounts of data, does WebDAV specify a means to retrieve only portions
of that data?  For example, if you have a document object that has only a
text property containing all the document data, you may only want the first
100K of a 10 megabyte document.  For email the POP and IMAP protocols allow
subsets of the message data to be retrieved ( POP TOP command for
instance ).  Have you thought of allowing retrieval of only a subset of
property data, and if you have could you point me to the reference that
shows how?

Thanks,

Frank Judge
Palm Inc.