RE: URI scheme uniqueness

Thanks, Ted. This is where I came from: most people to which I talked about
this assumed that as well. However, during testing I found servers that
simply use ad-hoc schemes. I think this is a very bad practice, and thus
RFC2518bis should be *clarified*.> free to return any opaque lock token so
long as it meets the uniqueness

> requirements and conforms to URI syntax" (or something similar) and get
> much the same effect without that same presumption.

So *how* do you produce a guaranteed-to-be-unique URI without using a
registered scheme? I think this is simply impossible.