RE: COPY and bindings

Agreed.

Should we mention that it can't be a "must" because there may be servers
where only parts of the URL namespace support multiple bindings?

  From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Jason Crawford
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:25 PM
  To: Chris Knight
  Cc: Geoffrey M Clemm; Nevermann, Dr., Peter; 'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'
  Subject: Re: COPY and bindings

  I recommend that we specify that the server SHOULD create a single copy of
the resource.  To encourage this we can also point out that this can improve
the performance of the operation because it can prevent the
recopying/xmitting of identical subtrees.  The server probably has to do
loop detection anyway to avoid infinite loops, so this shouldn't be
difficult to do.

  J.