RE: MOVEs across file systems

This is equivalent to the previous behavior as long as clients continue
to issue the same MOVE and DELETE requests they have in the past (which
they will for quite a while).  Therefore, I don't see how this is a
change, or how this could possibly be acceptable if the previous
behavior was unacceptable.

Servers must be able to support the binding specification, and to
support ordinary WebDAV clients, and to do what the server implementors
consider to be the most appropriate and best job they can of fulfilling
the request, and to report the results.  This proposed statement does
not meet that requirement because it forces all servers to do atomic
MOVE/DELETE in handling requests from ordinary WebDAV clients.

Lisa