RE: Move and Delete (was: bind draft issues)

I think I disagree. I *can* MOVE a resource without having write permissions
to the resource itself. What I need is the write permission on source and
targer collection (+ some more when overwriting something else).

>  - A WebDAV application server may be used to unify a number of back-end
> storage servers under the same namespace.  So the server's URL
> http://www.example.com/software/ may contain files stored on
> //davfiles/software, whereas the server's URL
> http://www.example.com/userdocs/ may contain files stored on
> //davfiles/userdocs.  A server moving a collection from one of these

Sure.

> top-level-directories to the other would have to do a network
> cross-repository move under the covers. This may not be feasible to do
> atomically.

Yes, that's why many people would prefer it to fail (leaving the client the
choice to explicitly COPY/DELETE) rather than doing something the client
din't really want.