Re: Operations not Atomic (was: bind draft issues)

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 02:09  PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I can follow for DELETE (see separate mail), but I'm at a loss about
> how
> MOVE and BIND can be non-atomic. Could you please explain?
>
> Julian

Julian,

Oops, I typed "BIND" when I meant "COPY".

For MOVE, I mostly mean the DELETE that occurs when the MOVE causes
an overwrite, although I could be convinced that ending up with 2
bindings to the collection in the event of an interrupted MOVE,
while inadvisable, shouldn't be prohibited.

-brian
briank@xythos.com