RE: Issues PUT_AND_INTERMEDIATE_COLLECTIONS and INTEROP_DELETE_AND_MULTISTATUS

At 4:49 PM +0100 1/22/03, Julian Reschke wrote:
>  > Lisa Dusseault:
>>  > few HTTP clients do authoring, and those that do are at least aware that
>>  > 207 is a multistatus response
>>
>>  Netscape/Mozilla Composer is an HTTP authoring tool that is not
>>  aware of 207.
>
>Yes. But as far as I understand it's abandoned as well. The solution here is
>to make sure that when/if Mozilla 1.x starts supporting authoring again, it
>will pay attention to RFC2518 semantics.

Netscape/Mozilla still supports editing with Composer and works fine
with my WebDAV server (using HTTP PUT). I don't believe it supports a
DELETE method; but since HTTP does define a DELETE method, I don't
see how WebDAV can justify redefining the meaning of 2xx status codes.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.