RE: WebDAV effeciancy

Bita,

What do you mean by comparing the HTTP functionality to the WebDAV
functionality?  WebDAV extends HTTP in order to do proper authoring, so
there is no real functionality comparison based on authoring.  HTTP doesn't
do the authoring functions that WebDAV adds, that's why WebDAV had to add
these fucntions.

Since WebDAV extends HTTP:
 - they both have exactly the same theoretical speed/flexibility
capabilities for downloading documents and uploading documents (these are
the most common HTTP actions that are also common WebDAV actions)
 - they have exactly the same security features

One could imagine doing performance comparisons between WebDAV functionality
and, for example, the Microsoft FrontPage extensions which do many of the
same functions.  Or one could compare a WebDAV authoring site to a site
using HTML forms for authoring (like Yahoo PageWizards).

Perhaps I've misunderstood your question.

Lisa