RE: DAV-Enabled field (was RE: A case for GETSRC)

OK, let's fix it.

> 	(2) In a general-purpose web server there is a very real
> messiness with trying to get the right DAV:source property onto all
> of the dynamically generated resources.  A web server may have dozens
> of modules that dynamically generate content, all of which might have
> very different definitions the URI spaces that they handle.

It's not clear to me why in this scenario using the same URI would be
better.

> 	(3) I think client support for DAV:source (once the spec is
> fixed) will be a long time in coming because it will take time to
> understand the issues.

That we'll have to see.

> 	(4) You don't get anything extra with DAV:source beyond what
> you could have with Translate.  (Until DASL and friends make the
> scene, that is.)

I disagree. For instance, you get separate identifiers for separate things,
conform to HTTP, do not invent new methods, don't break proxies (...to be
continued...).

The remark about DASL is interesting. Could you elaborate?