RE: HOW_TO_IDENTIFY_LOCK_OWNER

As you point out, the DAV:owner field affects client/client
interoperability.  There exist shipping clients that have established
interoperability based on specific syntax and information in the DAV:owner
field.  Therefore, we cannot now develop a standard format for that field
without breaking those clients.  Since DAV:owner was standardized as free
text, we can't restrict it further.

We can however create a new field that when supported uses a standard
syntax.

Lisa