RE: How do I make my app DAV-aware?

I did a search on Web Folders on Microsoft's MSDN Online and found

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/off2000/htm
l/ppconAboutWebFolders.asp
	About Web Folders (remember to concatenate this URL to use it)

and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/off2000/htm
l/fpobjWebFolder.asp
	documents the Web Folder object, which you should be able to use.

I stopped on this one, but there should be more, especially in Office
Developer if not elsewhere.

You might want to look at making your application ODMA compliant as well.
(Word 2000 is.  Sometimes.)

This won't get you to Web Folders directly, but we are looking at building
an ODMA DMS Driver that provides Web Folders / WebDAV access.

I don't have a promise on when we will have done that, though I would like
prototype code running by AIIM 2002 in the first full week of March.

Let me know whether the C Language ODMA API is something that is usable in
your application.  (There is a dormant project to make an ActiveX /
Automation interface, but I need to put a bomb in that volcano.)

If the API is usable, I can sketch a way to migrate if you are interested.
Otherwise, you might dig into using Web Folders directly.  It may take some
work.

-- Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
AIIM DMware Technical Coordinator