RE: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

x1: I consider it significantly more important that
a WebDAV feature be consistent with the WebDAV standard than that it be
consistent with some other non-WebDAV standard, W3C or other.

x2: I consider it significantly more important that a WebDAV feature
be processable with standard WebDAV aware parsers (which expect href
elements) than that they be processable with a non-WebDAV parser (such
as XLink).

x3: I consider adding a DAV:role element to be a superior way of adding
this functionality in a WebDAV spec, given the capability of later
extending the DAV:role element with additional structured values, which
is not available with a role attribute.

h2: The DAV:expand-property report is just a concrete instance of the
cost of being inconsistent ... if we adopt the xlink:href attribute
for the DAV:source property, every WebDAV feature that wants to do something
generic with DAV:href elements would have to be defined and coded to look
for both DAV:href elements and xlink:href attributes.