From: Jim Whitehead [mailto:ejw@cse.ucsc.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 1:56 PM
To: WebDAV
Subject: FW: Can WebDav be used with Servlet/JSP based Web Application

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: saad tawwab [mailto:saad.tawwab@kapscomputing.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 11:37 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] Can WebDav be used with Servlet/JSP based Web
Application

Hello!!
Please first let me explain my problem. I am Java Developer working on a Java
based Web Application. I want to provide my user with the ability to Check
In, Check Out, Add and View files i.e. I want to build a version control
system that is integrated with my web site. The usecase would be that the
user would log into my Web Site and then be able to access a page where he
will get a list of files and then he can Check-In, Check-Out, Add and View
files.

I have heard that WebDav provides a sort of version control mechanism. Can
WebDav be integrated with a Servlet/JSP based application and allow the user
to perform the task that I have listed above. Please do reply.

Regards,
Saad Tawwab Khan Rao
Kaps Computing Inc.