54th IETF Meeting Information, and RFC2518 open issues

If you're not on the IETF-Announce list, you might not have seen this
announcement about the upcoming meeting in Yokohama.

To bring our "agenda" up-to-date, here's what I think the largest and
hardest issues are for RFC2518 bis:
 - Whether/how to change the If header rules and syntax
 - Whether/how to change the source property definition

Although the If header has been shown to be interoperable in its simplest
form with locktokens, it hasn't been shown to be interoperable in its more
advanced forms or with ETags.  The source property has not had any
demonstrated interoperability to my knowledge.

I'd like to encourage anybody with ideas on what to do with either of these
two features to make concrete proposals to the list.  If your proposal is
"leave things the way they are", I'd like to see some discussion on how to
meet the requirements for going to proposed standard (how to demonstrate
interoperability, and how much interoperability is enough).

Another ACL draft is expected before the Yokohama cut-off, therefore ACLs
will probably also be discussed in Yokohama.  I'll be asking for a meeting
slot.

Lisa