RE: need clarification about COPY to locked resource response cod e

I'd just do:
<D:response>
   <D:href>/bla/...</D:href>
   <D:status>HTTP/1.1 409 CONFLICT</D:status>
   <D:responsedescription>
     <D:error>
        <D:locked-source>
          <D:href>/other/...</D:href>
        </D:locked-source>
     </D:error>
   </D:responsedescription>
</D:response>

This is assuming the MOVE failed because the source was locked.
If it failed because the destination was locked, then it would
just be:

<D:response>
   <D:href>/bla/...</D:href>
   <D:status>HTTP/1.1 423 LOCKED</D:status>
</D:response>