FW: A query

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: sathyanarayanan_s [mailto:sathyanarayanan_s@infy.com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 3:12 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] A query

Hi,
I require a clarification in the functioning of the WebDAV.

Consider a set up like below :

			S1	W1	S2

S1 and S2 are two normal servers, while W1 is a webserver with the DAV
inculcated.
If I want to get a file F1 from W1(at directory D1 say) to S1(at
directory D2) I can say :

COPY /~D1/F1 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.W1.com
Destination: http://www.S1/D2/F1

W1 would then transfer the file from W1 ro S1.

What should happen if I want to stream the file from S2 to S1 via W1 ?
Would the following transaction be performed by W1 ?

COPY /~D1/F1 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.S2.com
Destination: http://www.S1/D2/F1

If no, then what should be transaction to be sent across to W1?

If yes, then :
Would W1 create a file and retain a copy for itself while transferring
it to S1 ?

Any sort of clarification would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Sathya