RE: WebDAV and write access discovery

All IMHO. Bits snipped.

You really shouldn't do this. RFC2616 Sec 8.2.3 states "a client MUST NOT
send an Expect header .... if it does not intend to send a request body".

You will have to check, but some servers might assume any data arriving on
"the socket connection" after it has sent the response for the Expect header
*is* the body. In the case of PUT, it might store the data (which could
actually be your new request) in the file as specified by the PUT request.

Regards

Shaun Hall
Xerox Europe