RE: Error Messages

There's a proposal on the table for adding more detail to status codes like
400 Bad Request, without allocating new numbers. Instead, it adds extensible
codes to the body of the error response (where legal).  Please see:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2000OctDec/0130.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2000OctDec/0137.html

I'd be willing to pursue this if there's sufficient interest from other
implementors.

lisa