From: Peter Bernhardt [mailto:pbernhardt@consultant.com]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 12:59 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: IIS 5 Configuration Question

I'm installing a webDAV site on an IIS 5 machine for public access. My
question for the group is rather basic -- I want to provide a common virtual
root for a folder heirarchy structured as follows:

WebDAVRootFolder

| --> User1Root --> User1's subfolders
|
| --> User2Root --> User2's subfolders
etc.

Assuming I apply file security so that only User1 sees User1's folders and
User2 sees User2's folders, and so forth, how do I set up IIS so that when
each a user points to the site from a webDav client(for example,
webfolders.mysite.com) he/she sees only the structure beginning immediately
beneath their designated root folder? In other words, I don't want users to
see their Root Folder, but that their root folder should appear as the root
of the URL.

Thanks in advance...

P. Bernhardt
pbernhardt@consultant.com