RE: internationalization

Hmm, this is worse than I had feared.  Based on your experience, it seems
the best near-term approach is to stick with single-byte latin characters.

Looking to the future, however, one of the ways you could help the community
is by hosting (or allowing me to host) a publically available DAV server
that has a directory containing multiple character sets. Ideally, you would
have a Web site with a picture of what it is supposed to look like, and then
the area where DAV clients could be directed for testing.  One of the
reasons why the current i18n support is so bad is due to the lack of a
publically available server that is responding with multi-byte characters.

Alternately, perhaps this is something that mod_dav can do, and perhaps Greg
Stein could provide a multi-byte character testing directory on webdav.org.
Greg?

- Jim