Re: Draft IETF DeltaV Versioning

Greg,

I think mod_dav is quite clean regarding that problem. But, for instance,  IIS sends a
status tag first and then a prop tag in a propstat although the DTD states:

<!ELEMNENT propstat (prop, status, responsedescription?)>

There are a few other samples like this one but I think the main problem is that the
server and the client must be implemented in a way that they are able to handle
requests and responses which are  *not*  correct regarding the DAV-DTD in RFC2518. I
think the whole situation would be much easier and cleaner if clients and servers
*must*  use that DTD. Moreover it is maybe possible to get rid of some of the "ANY"s in
that DTD.

Best, Hartmut