Re: DAV: header values

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Juergen Reuter wrote:
> P.S.:
>
> However, the rule
>
>    extend = Coded-URL
>
> should be fine, because the rule
>
>    Coded-URL = "<" absoluteURI ">"
>
> implies that, as soon as you have encountered a "<", you can
> accept as many "," as you find, belonging all to the absoluteURI,
> until you finally reach a ">". (I suppose that is the reason why
> people think that the brackets are needed. :-))

Exactly!

All righty then... I'll resubmit my proposal:

   extend = "<" absoluteURI ">"

For semantic purposes, I expanded Coded-URL since we will certainly have
URI values in there (e.g. DAV:bindings) rather than URLs. In an If:
header, the "URL" term makes sense.

Back to my original point, then: does anybody see a problem if I updated
mod_dav to use the following DAV: header:

  DAV: 1,2,<http://apache.org/dav/0.9.16>

??

Cheers,
-g