Re: Thoughts on writing standards that real clients can support

I agree with Yaron.  Having lots of alternatives sounds good, but so what? We
had lots of alternatives to start with.  :-) (telnet vs. FTP vs. FrontPage vs.
Netscape content management extensions...).

"Yaron Goland (Exchange)" wrote:

> O.k. fine, don't allow the UI to support cross-server moves. Um... what
> about single namespaces physically split between multiple services? You
> know, http://foo/bar/ is on one machine but http://foo/ack is on another.
> Ahh screw 'em. They have no business making namespaces like that visible to
> the user or at least they should figure out how to connect them.

For all my fellow MS-bashers out there: this sort of thought is not unique to
MS.  In fact, I don't think I've ever heard of any software company that
couldn't have produced this monologue.  :-)

|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|eCal Corp.      |In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is|
|francis@ecal.com|in therapy.                                     |