RE: Clarification on MKCOL needed

This is an old and well known issue that many people mistakenly think is
solved.

The server is completely free to return to a PUT or MKCOL with a 200 O.k.
and throw on a location header which points to the "real name" of the new
resource while throwing away the client's proposed name.

In practice no server I'm aware of does this and no client I'm aware of
could properly handle this.

If memory serves this issue is already on the WebDAV open issues list.
Personally I think we should just adopt current practice which says that you
must either accept the name or reject the request but that is just my $0.02.

			Yaron