RE: Bindings, Locks, and MOVE

Thanks for bringing the discussion back to earth.

I agree with you that the compromise of saying that servers SHOULD protect
the path of the Request-URI used in locking a resource is a poor one.  It
doesn't respond to the issue that was raised, and it needlessly muddies the
waters for clients, which now don't know whether the path will be protected
or not.

I like your suggestion that we keep the MUST language, but state that it
applies only to write locks.

--Judy