RE: Losing Locks on MOVE requests (Was: FW: [Moderator Action] Qu estions on Webdav Servers)

Ick we did choose 4 didn't we? I think someone eventually came up with the
compromise that you could move a locked resource but only if lost the lock.

As for #1, a certain unbelievably large vendor, who shall remain nameless,
became agitated at the possibility that the overwhelming majority of
humanity would loose the ability, with their current systems, to move a file
if it was locked.

BTW, if this rule is such an annoyance why not just add a mandatory
extension to require that the method fail if the lock can't be moved? The
WebDAV spec only effects the default behavior. If you add the "movelocks"
header to a request then the server is free to move the lock. You can then
use mandatory in cases where you absolutely insist that the movelocks header
be honored. So long as the server and client agree on a particular behavior
they can do anything they damn well please.

			Yaron