Re: [long] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-versioning-01.txt

Larry Masinter wrote:

> > Larry: Is the following statement true?
> >
> > If we defined a collection that contains all revisions of a versioned
> > resource, where a member of that collection is named by its
> > revision-id, then it would be within these guidelines (i.e. it would
> > not be URL-munging) for a client to take the collection URL, extend it
> > with a revision-id, and use the resulting URL to locate the desired
> > revision.
>
> No, I think that doing so would be an extension of the currently
> known required URL-munging methods.

I'm not sure I understand why this would be so.  It seems to me that all
you've got here is a collection that is defined to contain references to
revisions; the munging going on is the same munging that happens when you
ask for a member of a collection.  No?

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |