Re: Standard WebDAV Properties

jamsden@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I propose that we establish such a web site, and that the WebDAV working
> groups may want to exploit this concept themselves instead of adding a lot
> of DAV properties to the standard that may prove to be too domain specific
> for general reuse, or result in too may server options for clients to be
> effectively written.

I very much agree with your thoughts... it would be very helpful to have
a central repository like this.

I would like to submit that www.webdav.org can be the site you're
suggesting. It can provide web pages, download areas, and mailing lists
(with archives). It goes without saying, but it is also DAV server :-),
allowing for a person or a small group to act as editors for such a
repository.

The property schemas could go under the "Specifications" section on the
site. If you feel they really need to be called out, then we can also
create a new top-level section.

Would you be willing to edit/maintain this area? Or at least start it?
It would take me long to set up access. For tools, Michael Best has been
using Joe Orton's sitecopy to perform updates of the Projects/Software
area.

Cheers,
-g

--