Re: Using Office 2000

At 01:27 PM 1/6/99 -0700, Robert Barham wrote:
>I am trying to attach to your WebDAV test server using Office 2000 beta
>2 and I keep getting an error saying the site is not available or busy.
>I have tried to attach using other WebDAV servers and got in okay.  So
>my question is this:  Did MS just mess up in their beta 2 implementation
>of WebDAV?  I don't seem to be able to connect to any server using
>it....not even their NT 5 Beta 2 server.  Or, is there some setup or
>syntax that perhaps I am missing when trying to make my connection?  Any
>ideas?

Robert,

     We haven't had any better luck with Office 2000 than you have.  We saw
the same symptoms with our WebDAV server as were reported in testing Office
2000 with the PyDAV and mod_dav servers, so I assume something is not
working right in Office 2000.

     Can someone from Microsoft shed some light on the current status of
interoperability testing between MSIE5/Office 2000 and any of the available
WebDAV servers?

Cheers......    Randall

Randall Severy    severy@cyberteams.com    http://www.cyberteams.com/severy
CyberTeams, Inc.    info@cyberteams.com    http://www.cyberteams.com
Mt. Airy, MD
(301) 829-6144          "Building effective teams in cyberspace"
1-888-832-5575