RE: Direct References in the Advanced Collections Requirements

We are still wrestling with the terminology for this distinction.  I've had
objections in private correspondence to Client-Side / Server-Side, because
they seem to imply something about the location of the requester that
irrelevant to the distinction we are trying to make.

Here are a couple of other possible pairs of terms:

Transparent Reference (one that the user agent can see) / Opaque Reference
(one that is hidden from the user agent)

Visible Reference / Hidden Reference

Manual Reference (one that the user agent has to dereference) / Automatic
Reference (one that is dereferenced automatically with no action by the user
agent needed)

Or stick with Indirect Reference / Direct Reference

Any preferences among these, or other suggestions?

Judith A. Slein
CR&T/ADSTC
jslein@crt.xerox.com
8*222-5169