Re: Optional Backpointers from Targets to References

Jim Amsden wrote:

> Yet another special case. Pile all these up and you start getting problems.
> What if the target resource is versioned? Are you saying we can now add more
> special cases to let this property be changed on a versioned resource?

It's a *live property*.  That's the only special case here.  It doesn't have the
same semantics as a dead property; it doesn't even have to be *stored* like a dead
property; it can be generated on the fly, like a CGI script.  If the resource in
question is a frozen revision, fine; the "preserve all properties on frozen
revisions" requirement doesn't make sense for live properties, certainly not ones
which are derived from the states of other resources.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | If you're omniscient, how do you know?  |
|francis@netscape.com      |                                         |
New area code for work number: 650