From: Jim Whitehead [mailto:ejw@ics.uci.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 20, 1998 1:54 PM
To: 'Jim Davis'; w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Cc: Yaron Goland (E-mail)
Subject: RE: comments on v7

My apologies for taking so long to reply to this:

On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 3:44 PM, Jim Davis [SMTP:jdavis@parc.xerox.com]
wrote:
> It's magnificent.  Just a few small points
>
> in 7.1.2 (p 19 in the PDF version) the discussion says "has an undefined
> resource type".  But I 12.0 says that this property must be defined on
all
> resources.  So maybe 7.1.2 should instead say that the value is empty.

Good catch!  The 7th paragraph in the discussion in Section 7.1.2 should
definitely say "has an empty resource type" instead of "has an undefined
resource type."

> in 11.4, does the DTD for link actually allow for other tags to occur, or
> only src and dst?

The DTD states that only tags src and dst can occur.  However, it is
certainly our intent to allow other tags to be present as well (this is
shown in the example in Section 12.10.1).

As a result, (hopefully some XML/SGML people on the list will double-check
this) the link element declaration should be:

<!ELEMENT link ((#PCDATA | src)+, (#PCDATA | dst)+)>

- Jim