RE: WebDAV and Netscape ES 3.0

Hi Sajith,

While I understand that prototype WebDAV servers are being developed by
several
universities, corporations and research labs, there are currently no
publically available web servers which implement the latest WebDAV
specification.  Perhaps I should award a prize to the first compliant,
interoperable, client-server pair which uses WebDAV level 2.  One prize
idea is a copy of the WebDAV spec. and a pair of scissors (it's not done
'til there's nothing left to cut :-), although I think putting the Design
Team in a dunking booth and then giving the developers chances to dunk us
might prove to be more of an incentive :-)

Yes, Netscape Enterprise Server does have several features which overlap in
functionality with WebDAV functionality, as they were developed before the
WebDAV effort began in 1996 (there is a link to an early Netscape DA
proposal on the WebDAV home page). However, engineers from Netscape have
been working on the WebDAV specification since November, 1996, and, while I
will let list members who work for Netscape speak to Netscape's future
plans if they wish, my understanding is they are very supportive of WebDAV.

- Jim