Re: Namespaces [was: WG Last Call: One week left]

On Wednesday, February 04, 1998 11:56 AM, David G. Durand
[SMTP:david@iris.dynamicdiagrams.com] wrote:
> As Terry said, the dependency of DAV on the experimental namespace
facilities
> seems foolhardy in a document on the standards track.
>
> Some form of non-DTD schema association may well come into existence, but
XML
> namespaces may or may not look anything like the facilities in the recent
W3C
> note.
>
> Since the same effect can be achieved by simply using the attribute
facilities
> in XML, I suggest that all the namespace stuff be removed from DAV.

David,

Thank you for voicing your concern about XML namespaces.

I'd like to assure you that the WebDAV Design Team is working hard on this
issue, and we are not taking your concerns lightly.  Since you well know
this is a complex issue, I hope you will permit us a few days to develop a
coherent approach towards these issues for the DA specification.  Since
this is an open discussion forum, and since no specification can proceed
from this working group without the rough consensus of the WG members, you
will definitely have to opportunity to comment on any approach the Design
Team proposes, and in fact, I look forward to your insightful feedback.

- Jim