Re: WEBDAV-06-PROTOCOL Comments ( Contd..)

   Yaron,

   Adding properties: documentowner, annotations and documentretention

	Document Author/Owner and annotations are most important properties as one
defines
	who created the document and one carries review annotations --

	I agree with your decision of choosing properties only for proper
functioning of the protocol.
	At the same time, we should also look at the basic document authoring
requirements. In a large
	scale corporate document repositories at least one should know who authored
the document, all changes
	that has undergone since its first version and when to expire the document
from the repository.
	Also, these properties are fundamental for document management. From this
stand point of view
	I strongly argue that we should include document owner/author, annotations
and expiry/documentretention
	properties.

	Document creation date is less important than lastmodified date. When the
document is first created,
	creation date and last modified date will be the same.These properties are
not only useful for authoring
	purposes but also more useful in perfoming the other admin/repository
admin. tasks.

   Regards,
   -Surendra

Surendra K Reddy         Tel.   +1(650) 506-5441
                         Fax.   +1(650) 506-7421
                         Email.	skreddy@us.oracle.com
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be
reminded
 that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

Warning: Statements and opinions stated herein may not be those of Oracle
Corp.

Forwarded message 1