RE: Re: Versioning, responses to comments on our document

Hmm,

All of these cases must be handled by the versioning system already. It must
be able to refer to versions that are unavailable for various reasons.

The first and second examples are simply instances of version 1 that has
branched into 1a and 1b, and version 1 has been deleted. But both branches
are still available.

I guess we need to split the question into two parts that are dealt with
separately,

(a) Should the relationship between variants of a document be expressed as
parts of the version graph?

And (b) Should that knowledge be used by the server in content negotiation?

I believe that (a) is an easy yes, because the relationships are not any
different. (b) is the hard one.

Marcus.