FW: GET on a referential member

Caught by the spam filter (not sure why, I'm looking into it).

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: John Stracke [mailto:francis@netscape.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 1998 3:39 PM
To: WebDAV WG
Subject: [Spam?] GET on a referential member

In the WebDAV Collection Protocol Draft just posted, at the end of
section 3.5, I read:

     A GET on a referential member of a collection returns its own
     content, which is the URI of its target resource, not the
     content of its target resource.

I'm not sure this is the optimal behavior, because it a non-DAV-aware
client, such as a browser, won't know what to do with the URI as a
content item, which would limit the usefulness of referential members.
Can we perhaps put it into the Location: header instead?

--
|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own. | S/MIME supported |